Dear students,

Two weeks ago I asked you what you hoped to get out of our Comenius project.
I have summed up your answers:
I want to
get to know their points of view
make friends with people from a different culture
learn more English and practise my vocabulary
see lots of sights in Madrid
improve my Spanish
get to know new people
show the Austrian students our way of life, typical food,
make a newspaper about our experience
practise speaking English
learn to adept to new situations
become a better person offering all that I have
try to understand German
spend a lot of time with my Comenius partner
find out how Spanish people live
teach some Spanish to my Austrian student
learn more about Spain

I hope
to learn a lot of new things
to improve my English and Spanish
to learn as much English as possible
that the Austrians will enjoy their stay here
to work together
to get to know the Spanish culture
to play volleyball
to see interesting things
to party
to have fun
to go to a typical Spanish restaurant
that we will stay in contact after the project has finished
that I will meet a lot of new people
the Spanish students will like Austria
to give a good presentation
I can use what I learn in the project for my final exam
I will learn more about Austria
we will meet again after the project is finished
the Spanish people will enjoy their trip to Austria

I have enjoyed working with all of you. Thank you for sharing your time and thoughts with me. Working with you and your teachers has broadened my horizon and has given me an idea of what it means to be a European.
I would really like to know which of the above hopes have been fulfilled/not been fulfilled; how you feel about the cultural differences you have encountered; what hopes you have for the second part of the exchange. Please use this blog to stay in contact with me and with each other. Yours sincerely, Elisabeth Neudorfer